The Canon HF20 is a compact HD camcorder. It does not use tapes, it records to 32 GB of built-in flash memory. It shoots beautiful HD images without the complexity level and cost of larger HD camcorders.
To transfer footage to your computer after shooting, simply connect the included USB cable between the camcorder and your computer. Transfer the footage files like you would photos from your digital camera.
This camera is compatible with SD or SDHC cards up to 32GB in size. It is not currently compatible with larger SDXC cards.
Software Compatibility - The HF20 records in AVCHD format. If your editing software does not support this format, you will need to convert the files. We used this HD converter and it worked very well. If you use a Mac, this HD converter would be the one to use.
This camera has a mini-shoe mount, so it will not work with standard shoe-mount accessories. If you will need to use standard shoe-mount accessories with the camera, please use the Bescor Accessory Bracket. You can add it to your order from the accessories listed on the Dates and Pricing tab.
A/V Cable and Component Video Cable available by request.
- NTSC System
- AVCHD (MPEG4-AVC/H.264) File Format (HD only)
- 15x Optical Zoom Lens with 300x Digital Zoom
- Lens accepts 37mm filters
- Minimum Illumination - 0.4 lux (in Night Mode)
- Battery life - about 2 hours with included battery
- Dimensions (WxHxD) – 2.8” x 2.4” x 4.9”
- Weighs 0.75 lbs
- Records High Definition (1080i) video to built-in flash memory in AVCHD format.
- Stores between 2 hours 55 minutes (top quality) or 12 hours 15 minutes (lowest quality) of HD video on the built-in memory.
- Also accepts SD/SDHC memory cards.
- Built-in microphone and mic input
- 16:9 Viewfinder and flip-out LCD screen
- Very compact, about the size of your hand.
- Component HD Output
- 1/8-inch SD AV Output
- 1/8-inch Audio Input
- Headphone jack (mini-plug)
- AC Power Cable (also used for charging)
- BP-809 Battery
- USB Cable
- Set Up Guide
View Canon HF20 Instruction Manual (PDF)
View Canon HF20 Setup Guide (PDF)