The Canon DC210 is a camcorder that records directly to Mini DVD-R discs. These can be played directly on your standard DVD player. It can also record to DVD-RW discs which can be written more than once, and will play on most but not all DVD players.
- Suitable for personal/family/vacation use, not a professional video camera.
- Records standard definition video to Mini DVD-R or DVD-RW discs. These discs are available at Wal-Mart and many other stores.
- Built-in microphone for audio recording.
- Viewfinder and flip-out LCD screen
- Each Mini DVD holds about 30 minutes of video.
- Average shooting time is about 60 minutes on one battery charge.
- DC power input to power camera and/or charge the battery
- AV in/out (cable with standard red/white/yellow RCA connectors included)
- AC Power Cord, Power Supply and Charger
- Composite A/V Cable
- Instruction Manual
View Canon DC210 Instruction Manual (PDF)
Q & A for the Canon DC210 Mini DVD Consumer Camcorder DISCONTINUED
How do I capture and edit the footage from this camera?
This camera records to mini DVD discs. (Discs are not included with your rental. Buy them at Wal-Mart, Best Buy, etc.) This camera is not ideal for a project you plan to edit. It's designed for simple recording direct to a mini DVD disc for playing directly on your DVD player. However, software is available that can extract footage from a DVD. Then you can use software such as Windows Movie Maker or Apple's Final Cut Pro to edit the footage. For serious projects involving editing, one of our higher-end cameras would be a better choice.